Clarissa Williams, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Tuesday 3-7pm, Wednesday 3-7pm, Thursday 10am-3pm, Friday 10am- 3pm
- Workplace stress
- Eating disorders
- Happiness and positive psychology
- Postpartum depression
- Sexual abuse
- Sex addictions
- Post-partum issues
- Couple and marriage therapy
- Post affair
- Pre-marital preparation
- Same sex and LGBTQ couples
- Poly couples
- Separation and divorce
- Optimal sexuality and pleasure
- Sexual issues
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Teen counselling
- Poly families
- Blended families
- Families with children
- Families with teenagers
- Families with aging parents
- In the process of applying for CRPO and CCPA
My approach as a therapist is a blend of solution-focused and experiential therapy. While I am a quick thinker eager to find solutions to personal or relationship problems, I remain present with my clients in their current experience.
Goals are addressed in a collaborative, on-going fashion. My straightforward nature and my ability to see a client’s full potential contribute to a positive, caring and supportive environment.
My main areas of expertise are anxiety and depression, sexual issues and communication skill building with individuals, couples, and families.
I have attended several sexuality conferences that focus on a diverse range of topic from working with members of the LGBTQ community to optimal sexuality and pleasure. My academic interests and pursuits lie in the area of sex therapy. I am supervised by Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist.
Education + Training
- BA Psychology from University of Ottawa 2010
- MA Psychology from Trent University 2015
- MA Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University 2017
- Intensive Sex Therapy Training 2015
- Applied Suicide Skills Intervention Training 2016
- Buddhist Psychology and Mindfulness 2016
- Expressive Arts in Therapy 2017
- E-Mental Health: Using Technology for Treatment 2017