Jacqueline Antonio, Ph.D.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Individual Counselling
- Bereavement, life transition, balancing work and family, depression, lack of harmony, communication
- Stresses of ordinary living (loss of a loved one, relational difficulties, stress at work)
- Depression, PTSD, anxiety, and sexual abuse
My particular areas of interest include depression, PTSD, anxiety, and sexual abuse. As for my approach, I use both cognitive-behavioural and psychodynamic as best fits the particular goal of the client. I also have an area of specialization as a counsellor of Christian clients and include a theophostic approach with this group. I consider myself fortunate to do what I do because there are few things as fulfilling as seeing someone come out from under a cloud of oppression and experience new freedom in living.
- College of Psychologists of Ontario
Education + Training
- PhD Clinical Psychology from the University of Windsor (1996)
I have the privilege of listening to the stories of the lives of many people (adult individuals and couples) who are going through some kind of struggle. I consider my role as one of coming along side that person, assisting them in: gaining insight, expressing difficult thoughts and feelings, developing a perspective more aligned with truth, and walking out a way of doing things that is life enhancing. I have worked with a great diversity of problem issues.