Rachel Sturgeon, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Thursday: 8am – 6pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 4 pm
- Friday: 8am – 2pm
- Eating Disorders
- Stress and Burnout
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Canadian Certified Counselling (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Professional Member in Good Standing with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
I have been providing counselling and psychotherapy for 6 years. I provide a warm and welcoming space with personalized, high quality counselling and psychotherapy services. As a registered psychotherapist, a safe, friendly and professional atmosphere is central to my practice. My approach is client centered which means that I work alongside my clients in a holistic framework to create highly individualized treatment plans to help clients reach their goals.
My approach is psychodynamically-informed with aspects of mindfulness, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and solution-focused theories and techniques as appropriate. This means that when we meet I work with clients, I help them identify their struggles and unhealthy patterns. This allows room to change negative patterns and move toward increased happiness and wellbeing. Throughout this process I help clients increase their self awareness through concepts and techniques such as mindfulness, a tool that can help us all to slow down and become more present in our busy lives.
Education + Training
- M.A. Counselling and Spirituality – Saint Paul University
- B.A. ,Honors. Psychology, Minor Jewish Studies – Carleton University