Relationships Matter- Psychology for Everyday Living
Dr. Martin Rovers Speaks at a Recent Relationships Matter Seminar:
A little education can go a long way.
We invite you to attend Relationships Matter seminars, which aim to create a space for education and discussions on psychological topics, especially the ones that matter to you most, your relationships.
These relationships are not limited to the romantic, they include relationships with self, friends, children, parents, or familial. Information about topics and presenters can be found below. Other details include:
Where: 223 Main St., Ottawa, Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Auditorium (Room # 203)
When: Last Thursday evening of the month, from September to April, 7-9 pm.
Cost: 20 dollars/person, 10 dollars/student
Parking: Free on side streets, but paid parking is available in adjacent parking lot.
Re-wiring My Brain for Love
Feb. 25, 2016
The Gifts of Imperfection: Celebrating My Life!
March 31, 2016
Our Search for Meaning and Spirituality in Life
April 28, 2016
Powerpoint Slides from past Relationships Matter Seminar: Stumbling on Happiness
- Jan. 29th: Hope for Love & Marriage
- Feb. 26th: Intimacy in Long-Term Relationships
- March 26th: Addictions & Families
- April 30th: Parenting Skills with a Look at the Blended Family
- Sept. 24th: Family Reconciliation: Reuniting a Family Member Who Is Estranged
- Oct. 29th: Love & War in Couple Relationships
- May 22nd: Wired for Love: Our Fundamental Capacity to Grow Through Love
- January 30th: Internet, Gaming, and Other Addictions and How they Impact Relationships
- February 27th: In My Own Voice! Confidence, Esteem, and Assertiveness: for Teens and Older
- March 27th: Hope 101: How to Help Hope to Thrive
- April 24th: How to Survive the Loss of a Love
- Sept. 25th: Online Dating and How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk
- Oct. 16th: The Art of Mindful Living
- Nov. 27th: Stumbling on Happiness and Promoting a Positive Psychology
- September 26th: Re-wire Your Brain for Love, Through Touch, Talk, and Mindfulness
- October 24th: The Power of Forgiveness: Feeling Valued in Relationship and Cancelling the License to Offend
- November 28th: Mental Health in Families: Dealing with Bipolar, Depression & Schizoaffective Disorder: Awareness, Support, Healing
- April 26th: Happiness
- March 22nd: Family Means That No One Gets Left Behind
- February 22nd: Addictions and Families
- January 25th: The New Science of Romantic Love: Making Bonds That Last
- December 21st: Conversations of the Joys and Sorrows of Christmas: An Open Forum
- November 30th: Growing Pains: Must Growth be Painful?
- October 26th: “50 Shades” of Change: Steps Towards Personal Growth and Fulfilment
- September 21st: Vivre la Différence! Appreciating Your Partner’s Ways of Loving
- April 27th: How to Argue without Losing Your Head
- March 30th: Teens and Mental Illness
- March 2nd: The Work of Marriage
- December 16th: Happiness and the Happiness Workout Workshop