Relationships Matter- Psychology for Everyday Living
Relationships Matter is our monthly series of seminars, with the goal of creating a space for both education and discussion around topics that concern our relationships, whether they be with the couple, self, or parent-child. Information about topics and presenters can be found below. Other details include:
Where: 223 Main St., Ottawa, Saint Paul University, Guigues Hall, Auditorium (Room # 203)
When: Last Thursday evening of the month, from September to May, 7-9 pm.
Cost: 20 dollars/person, 10 dollars/student
Parking: Free on side streets, but paid parking is available in adjacent parking lot.
Please note that our Relationships Matter seminars run monthly from September until May. We are now accepting suggestions for future topics as well as presentation proposals as we arrange the schedule for the 2014-2015 seminar season. If you have a topic that you would like to see addressed, or believe that you have material that would fit well with our seminar series, please e-mail us or contact us via our Facebook page here.
Please see below a tentative schedule for events for the upcoming 2014-2015 Relationships Matter seminar season. It is subject to change, so please visit often to ensure that you are up-to-date.
September: Online Dating
October: The Art of Mindful Living
November: Parenting Skills with a Focus on Blended Families
January: Stumbling on Happiness
February: Hope for and the Work of Love and Marriage
March: Mental Health and Families
April: Over the Hill and Between the Sheets: Sexual Intimacy for Middle Aged and Older Couples
- May 22nd: Wired for Love: Our Fundamental Capacity to Grow Through Love
- January 30th: Internet, Gaming, and Other Addictions and How they Impact Relationships
- February 27th: In My Own Voice! Confidence, Esteem, and Assertiveness: for Teens and Older
- March 27th: Hope 101: How to Help Hope to Thrive
- April 24th: How to Survive the Loss of a Love
- September 26th: Re-wire Your Brain for Love, Through Touch, Talk, and Mindfulness
- October 24th: The Power of Forgiveness: Feeling Valued in Relationship and Cancelling the License to Offend
- November 28th: Mental Health in Families: Dealing with Bipolar, Depression & Schizoaffective Disorder: Awareness, Support, Healing
- April 26th: Happiness
- March 22nd: Family Means That No One Gets Left Behind
- February 22nd: Addictions and Families
- January 25th: The New Science of Romantic Love: Making Bonds That Last
- December 21st: Conversations of the Joys and Sorrows of Christmas: An Open Forum
- November 30th: Growing Pains: Must Growth be Painful?
- October 26th: “50 Shades” of Change: Steps Towards Personal Growth and Fulfilment
- September 21st: Vivre la Différence! Appreciating Your Partner’s Ways of Loving
- April 27th: How to Argue without Losing Your Head
- March 30th: Teens and Mental Illness
- March 2nd: The Work of Marriage
- December 16th: Happiness and the Happiness Workout Workshop