Frequently Asked Questions
How much does this counselling service cost?
Counselling costs vary from therapist to therapist within our Ottawa network. Our services are covered by most insurance companies, and you will be given a full receipt from an Ontario Registered Psychologist at the end of every appointment.
For more information, see our fees and payment options page.
I’ve never been in counselling before. How do I do this?
The process is really quite easy. Read through the following steps to get started.
- 1. Choose an issue from our list of expertise, or choose a location from our list. Review our list of counsellors to see which you feel comfortable with.
- 2. Phone in to CCCG at 613-425-4257.
- 3. Our expert intake counsellors find the right counsellor for your presenting issue, at the right fee.
- 4. Take your time and ask all your questions in this intake conversation.
- 5. When we have found your counsellor in a convenient location for you, the intake worker will phone that counsellor for you.
- 6. Your counsellor will phone you within 24 business hours to set up an appointment.
When will my appointments start?
You can often be seen by a counsellor within the week.
What happens if I don’t like my therapist?
We help you find another!
At Capital Choice Counselling Ottawa, we’re flexible. If you’re not happy with your current therapist, we can arrange for you to see a new therapist within our network. We have over 40 therapists across the city to choose from, so finding a new therapist doesn’t mean you have to travel to a different part of Ottawa.
It’s likely we have another experienced therapist near you.
Contact us and we’ll reevaluate you and connect you with a new therapist in Ottawa.
Is it possible to arrange an appointment on behalf of someone else?
Capital Choice Counselling knows there are times when you need to get help for someone close to you in your life. And our Ottawa counselors are trained in intervention techniques for those having difficulties with anger or addiction.
Contact us and we’ll guide you through the process.
Will my counselling be kept confidential?
We adhere to the strictest guidelines of ethics set out by the Canadian Psychological Association. You can trust that we will never share you information with anyone without your permission. You can also trust that you will always be treated in a fair and respectful manner.
Read more about our code of ethics.