Lisa Richardson, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday (9-6), Alternating Fridays and Saturdays (10-3)
Available in office and online counselling.
Wheelchair accessible office.
- Chronic illness
- Self-esteem/ Inner criticism/ Identity
- Life Transitions
- Motivation and purpose
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Communication challenges
- Emotion focused therapy
- Parenting and Roles
- Boundaries and rule-making
- Premarital counselling
- Managing expectations
- Attachment issues
- LGBTQ + friendly
Education and Training
Master of Arts, Counselling and Spirituality at Saint Paul University
- Concentration in: Couple’s and Family Therapy (2020)
- Major research project on: Repairing Internet Infidelity through Psychotherapy (2020)
Bachelors of Arts, Psychology at Carleton University
- Concentration in: Social and Personality Psychology (2018)
- College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO): Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying
- Canadian counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)- Good standing member, pending Certified Canadian Counsellor membership (C.C.C)
As a human, I have always been interested in what makes a person who they are. Realizing that one’s past can leave an imprint on who they are. I believe that we all have wounds from our past whether it be from relationships, hurtful words, or experiences that have shaped who we are. I am here to support individuals and couples through whatever has brought them to make changes to their future selves.
I am a person-centered therapist that is here to take clients on the journey of discovering who they are and where they would like to be. My goal is to provide my clients with a comforting and safe experience that allows them to feel that they are making progress in a space that is confidential and sacred. I tend to orient my work with clients with the attachment and systemic theories in mind however I integrate approaches to meet clients where they are at. Working with me will involve working collaboratively to ensure the techniques and orientations are a good fit.
I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST, where applicable).