Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Ottawa West – Carlingwood West – Glabar Park – McKellar Heights
- Monday to Friday, daytime availability (except Thursday) and some evening appointment times, specifically, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Anger Management
- Sexual Abuse and Trauma
- Workplace stress
- Post-Partum Depression
- Aging parents
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour)
- Chronic Pain and Illness
- Happiness/Positive Psych
- Hearing Loss Issues
I am fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and have a hearing loss myself, so am uniquely suited to work with the Deaf community and with those who have a hearing loss.
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality (2018) , Saint Paul University, Ottawa, ON
- Master of Arts in Interpretation (ASL to English) (1991), Gallaudet University, Washington D.C.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, October 2017
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), December 2017
- The Creating Therapies in the Helping Relationship, Psychotherapy and Spiritual Care, March 2018
- Existential Analysis Intro Seminar, June 16 – 18, 2017
- Martial Arts and Self Defense: Ongoing (4th degree black belt in Chito-Ryo Karate)
You are struggling with feelings of stress, overwhelm, and stuck-ness that might be new—or you’ve had them as long as you can remember. You might also be feeling low, unmotivated, and having a hard time getting back to your ‘usual self’. Your life, career, or relationships just aren’t going the way you’d like them to, and you want to create more helpful patterns and experiences. These and other issues including chronic pain, grief, parenting and pregnancy/post-partum, are all things people I see are experiencing and wanting to change. Also, I am fluent in ASL and understand the unique issues faced by clients who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing.
I provide a safe and non-judgmental space for you to explore different ways of being with yourself, and others. We will build on your inner resources including self-compassion and resilience and learn new tools for dealing with your challenges. Decisions about your treatment process and timeline will be created together based on your goals.
With a Master’s in Counselling and Spirituality I invite you to come (with faith or without) to explore your own healing and growth. I work from an Attachment Lens as clients explore today’s reality via past experiences. I offer shorter-term tools as well, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) – College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) – ID #: 007760
- Member – Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) – Membership # 1001788
The usual fee for counselling is $150 per 50 minute session.