Arthur Karp, M.Ed.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
Ottawa South ( Hunt Club West)
- Online and In Office Counselling
- Monday 12pm -8pm,
- Tuesday 8am-5pm,
- Wednesday 12pm-8pm,
- Thursday 8am-5pm
- Friday 8am-5pm
- Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
Wheelchair Accessible Office
- Individual, marriage & family therapy
- Addictions: substance abuse, internet, codependency
- Family therapy with teens
- Individual counselling for children and youth ( 11 y.o. and up)
- Parenting children and adolescence
- Family of origin and family reconciliation
- Dealing with aging parents
- Grief and loss, changes in life
- Retirement transition
- Career coaching
- Stress & anxiety, depression
- Abuse issues and trauma
- Anger management
- Men’s issues; Narcissism
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario # 001759
- Certified member of the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- National Capital Region Chapter (former Executive board member),
- Employee Assistance Program Association (EAPA)
Education + Training
- M.Ed in Counselling, University of Ottawa,
- B.Ed in Teaching, Queen’s University
- BA (Honours), Carleton University
- Critical Incident & Trauma debriefing, Level 2, Trauma Care Network
- Career Coaching certification, Career Coaching International
Through shared dialogue, I use a variety of proven approaches when entering into a confidential and collaborative counselling relationship. The intention is to work together in a timely manner in bringing about changes the client would like to make. By carefully listening and building a solid rapport, I would help you along the journey toward identifying the real concerns, issues, or problems in your life. Making it possible firstly, to promote with more accurate insight into the underlying reasons for why things appear to be the way they are; then facilitating the use of new skills and behaviours that prove highly desirable.
I do regular consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).