Arthur Karp, M.Ed.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
Ottawa South ( Hunt Club West)
- In Office and Online Counselling
- I will see you in office providing that you have been fully vaccinated. Otherwise, I will see you online.
- Monday 12pm -8pm,
- Tuesday 8am-5pm,
- Wednesday 12pm-8pm,
- Thursday 8am-5pm
- Friday 8am-5pm
- Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
Wheelchair Accessible Office
- Individual, marriage & family therapy
- Family therapy with teens
- Individual counselling for children and youth ( 11 y.o. and up)
- Parenting children and adolescence
- Family of origin and family reconciliation
- Dealing with aging parents
- Grief and loss, changes in life
- Retirement transition
- Career coaching
- Stress & anxiety, depression
- Abuse issues and trauma
- Anger management
- Men’s issues; Narcissism
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario # 001759
- Certified member of the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- National Capital Region Chapter (former Executive board member),
- Employee Assistance Program Association (EAPA)
Education + Training
- M.Ed in Counselling, University of Ottawa,
- B.Ed in Teaching, Queen’s University
- BA (Honours), Carleton University
- Critical Incident & Trauma debriefing, Level 2, Trauma Care Network
- Career Coaching certification, Career Coaching International
Through shared dialogue, I use a variety of proven approaches when entering into a confidential and collaborative counselling relationship. The intention is to work together in a timely manner in bringing about changes the client would like to make. By carefully listening and building a solid rapport, I would help you along the journey toward identifying the real concerns, issues, or problems in your life. Making it possible firstly, to promote with more accurate insight into the underlying reasons for why things appear to be the way they are; then facilitating the use of new skills and behaviours that prove highly desirable.
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).