Clarissa Williams, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Tuesday 3-7pm, Wednesday 3-7pm, Thursday 10am-3pm, Friday 10am- 3pm
- Available online during COVID-19
- Workplace stress
- Eating disorders
- Happiness and positive psychology
- Postpartum depression
- Sexual abuse
- Sex addictions
- Post-partum issues
- Couple and marriage therapy
- Post affair
- Pre-marital preparation
- Same sex and LGBTQ couples
- Poly couples
- Separation and divorce
- Optimal sexuality and pleasure
- Sexual issues
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Poly families
- Blended families
- Families Counselling with children
- Families Counselling with teenagers
- Families with aging parents
- In the process of applying for CRPO and CCPA
My approach as a therapist is a blend of solution-focused and experiential therapy. While I am a quick thinker eager to find solutions to personal or relationship problems, I remain present with my clients in their current experience.
Goals are addressed in a collaborative, on-going fashion. My straightforward nature and my ability to see a client’s full potential contribute to a positive, caring and supportive environment.
My main areas of expertise are anxiety and depression, sexual issues and communication skill building with individuals, couples, and families.
I have attended several sexuality conferences that focus on a diverse range of topic from working with members of the LGBTQ community to optimal sexuality and pleasure. My academic interests and pursuits lie in the area of sex therapy. I am supervised by Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist.
Education + Training
- BA Psychology from University of Ottawa 2010
- MA Psychology from Trent University 2015
- MA Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University 2017
- Intensive Sex Therapy Training 2015
- Applied Suicide Skills Intervention Training 2016
- Buddhist Psychology and Mindfulness 2016
- Expressive Arts in Therapy 2017
- E-Mental Health: Using Technology for Treatment 2017
“I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.”
The usual fee for counselling is $150 per 50 minute session.