Emerson Giraldo Estrada
Emerson Giraldo Estrada, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
Location: Orleans ( Innes and Tenth Line)
Office Hours in Orleans
- Online counselling: Monday to Friday
- In office counselling: Tuesdays and Wednesdays: daytime and evening
- Panic Attacks
- Abandonment / Neglect
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Infidelity / Partner Trauma
- Skills sets for Thriving: Effective Communication, Healthy Intimacy & Sexuality.
- Bereavement / Grief
- Spiritual Counselling/ Search for meaning
- Somatic Experiencing Therapy (SE)
Couple Counselling /Marriage Counselling
- Communication Skills
- Couple/ Marriage/ Post-Affair
- Couple/ Pre-marital
- Couple/ Separation/ Divorce
- Couple/ Physical/ Sexual/ Emotional abuse
- Couple Trauma
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Healthy Sexuality
- Family Counselling
- Family therapy with teenagers
- Family therapy/ Trauma
- Family Therapy/ Anger
Education and Training
- MA in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University- Ottawa, Canada.
- Somatic Experiencing (Advanced Training Module 1) at Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute, 2019
- Advance Training in Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP)- Ottawa, Canada.
- Advance Training in Somatic Experiencing (SE)- Ottawa, Canada (in progress)
- BA (Hons) in Psychology from York University- Toronto, Canada.
- BA in Theology from Gregorian University- Rome, Italy.
- BA (Hons) in Pedagogy and Philosophy from Saint Thomas Aquinas University- Bogota, Colombia.
Emerson is an integrative counsellor that seeks to facilitate a flow that enables clients to process their own experience in a warm, calm, and compassionate manner. Emerson’s working experiences are rooted in his journey from Colombia to Italy, and then to Canada teaching and counselling children, teenagers, and adults. Emerson has a commitment to assist others in challenges while they find meaning and develop an opportunity to reframe difficult and traumatic experiences. He also has a special interest in working with individuals, couples, and families in addictions and anger. Emerson is sensitive to a great variety of cultural and faith traditions. Emerson is solidly rooted in his traditions with a faith that is clearly inclusive.
Emerson’s integrative approach consists of Humanistic, Experiential, Systemic and Psycho-dynamic models directed by the needs of the client and from various theories, including: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Attachment in Family Therapy (AFT), Cognitive – Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Somatic Experiencing (SE), Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT), and Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP).
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)- Application in process
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)- Application in process
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- R.P. ( Qualifying) CRPO Ontario Registration No. 008949
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).