Emerson Giraldo Estrada
Emerson Giraldo Estrada
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
Location: Orleans and Barrhaven
Office Hours in Orleans
- Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: daytime and evening
- Wheelchair access to the office
Office Hours in Barrhaven
- Tuesday and Thursday: daytime and evening
- Bereavement / Grief
- Workplace stress
- Physical/ Sexual/ Emotional abuse
- Developmental Trauma
- Men’s Issues
- Spiritual Counselling/ Search for meaning
- Somatic Experiencing Therapy (SE)
Couple Counselling /Marriage Counselling
- Communication Skills
- Couple/ Marriage/ Post-Affair
- Couple/ Pre-marital
- Couple/ Separation/ Divorce
- Couple/ Physical/ Sexual/ Emotional abuse
- Family Counselling
- Family therapy with children/ teenagers
- Family therapy/ Trauma
- Family Therapy/ Anger
Education and Training
- MA in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University- Ottawa, Canada.
- Advance Training in Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP)- Ottawa, Canada.
- Advance Training in Somatic Experiencing (SE)- Ottawa, Canada (in progress)
- BA (Hons) in Psychology from York University- Toronto, Canada.
- BA in Theology from Gregorian University- Rome, Italy.
- BA (Hons) in Pedagogy and Philosophy from Saint Thomas Aquinas University- Bogota, Colombia.
Emerson is an integrative counsellor that seeks to facilitate a flow that enables clients to process their own experience in a warm, calm, and compassionate manner. Emerson’s working experiences are rooted in his journey from Colombia to Italy, and then to Canada teaching and counselling children, teenagers, and adults. Emerson has a commitment to assist others in challenges while they find meaning and develop an opportunity to reframe difficult and traumatic experiences. He also has a special interest in working with individuals, couples, and families in addictions and anger. Emerson is sensitive to a great variety of cultural and faith traditions. Emerson is solidly rooted in his traditions with a faith that is clearly inclusive.
Emerson’s integrative approach consists of Humanistic, Experiential, Systemic and Psycho-dynamic models directed by the needs of the client and from various theories, including: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Attachment in Family Therapy (AFT), Cognitive – Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Somatic Experiencing (SE), Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT), and Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP).
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)- Application in process
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)- Application in process
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- Application in process
I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST, where applicable).
Contact This Therapist
Name of Counsellor
Orleans: Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: daytime and evening
Barrhaven: Tuesday and Thursday: daytime and evening
Orleans and Barrhaven