Emma Watt, Ph.D.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online Counselling Only
Monday: 4-6, Tuesday: 9-6, Thursday: 9-6, Some weekends: 10-12
- Anger Management
- Change & Transition
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Existential Angst
- Grief and Loss
- Happiness / Positive Psychology
- Interpersonal Communication
- Personal Growth
- Spiritual Counselling
- Stress Management
- Trauma & PTSD
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Post-Affair Couples Therapy
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Sexual Health
- Same Sex and LGBTQ Couples
- Blended Families
- Teenage Issues
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Relationship Diversity
- Separation & Divorce Transitions
- College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario. Reg. No. 009095
Education and Training
- Ph.D.- School of Counselling, Psychotherapy, and Spirituality (2020)
- Self in Relationship Psychotherapy training (2018-2019)
- Psychodynamic Diagnostic Manual (PDM-2) training (2017)
- Proven & Effective Play Therapy Strategies with Children and Adolescents training (2017)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT 1) training (2016)
- M.Ed.- Master of Educational Psychology (2014)
- B.A- Honors Bachelor of Arts with Specialization in Psychology (2012)
The decision to access psychotherapy can be very different for everyone. Whatever your reason, together we will explore your therapeutic goals and the best methods for achieving them. My clinical orientation is integrative, drawing from several empirically validated approaches to offer the most comprehensive treatment plan. I strive to create a therapeutic atmosphere of safety and acceptance so to promote openness and psychological exploration.
I hold a clinical Ph.D. in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality, and have experience addressing several individual concerns ranging from anger management, anxiety, personality, and mood disorders, to treating intrapersonal issues such as grief, self-esteem, identity exploration and existential issues; to name a few. I also work with couples and families to explore and address concerns in the areas of post-affair therapy, separation & divorce transitions, pre-marital counselling, sexual health, blended families, adolescence challenges and relationship diversity.
I do regular consultation with my supervisor for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner. The receipt you will receive will be in my name as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $180 (plus HST).