Jebb Haslett, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Office Location: Main and Hawthorn
- Office hours: Monday to Thursday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Available online during COVID-19
- Emerging adults
- Trauma and abuse
- Childhood neglect and abuse
- Aging & death
- Chronic illness
- Grief & loss
- Low self-esteem & self-worth
- Issues of identity/personal growth
- Motivation, life meaning, and purpose
- Life transitions
- Relationship breakup
- Spiritual issues
- Couple and family relational challenges
- Couple intimacy issues
- Separation and divorce
- Parenting issues with children and teens
- Parent/adolescent conflict
- Challenges of biracial and/or bicultural experience
- Cultural adaptation and immigration issues
- Marital and family issues related to immigration
- Inter-cultural, inter-racial, and inter-faith couples
- Solution Focused
Education and Training
- Master of Arts, Counselling and Spirituality (Individual, Couple and Family Therapy), Saint Paul University
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors Psychology with High Distinction, Carleton University
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASSIST)
- Mental Health First Aid Canada Course For Adults Who Interact With Youth, Mental Health Commission of Canada
I am a warm and caring, person-centered counsellor that you can safely talk to without fear of judgement or pity. I believe we all struggle and yet have the ability to improve ourselves through insight, compassion, and action. Whether you are a young person trying to find their way, a person ready to heal a painful past, or a couple/family that feels trapped in dysfunction, I will be with you as you explore the sources of distress and build up resiliency and coping tools to confidently take on the challenges of your life.
My approach is integrative and collaborative, this means I will draw on a range of counselling theories to help you progress towards your goals. My preferred counselling theories include ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy), Mindfulness/Self-compassion, CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Psychodynamic, Solution Focused, Family Systems, EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) and Attachment.
I am also sensitive to your cultural and/or marginalized identities and the added complexity this may contribute to your experiences. I am open to your preference to integrate the exploration of these identities into the counselling process.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) – application in progress
I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.”
The usual fee for counselling is $150 per 50 minute session.