John-Paul Austring, BSW, M.A.
Contact this Therapist
Office Hours + Location
In Person (Orleans):
Monday to Friday: 9am-8pm
- Grief & Bereavement
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Adult ADHD
- Chronic Pain & Health Coping
- Stress & Burnout
- Anger Management
- Addictions: Substance abuse
- Communication & Assertiveness
- Family Therapy Parents and Children ages 12-16
- Emotional Regulation
- Life Transitions
- Personal Development
- Relationship Issues
- Men’s Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Solutions Focused Brief Therapy,
- Attachment Issues
- Christian Counselling
- Family Dynamics Therapy
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) #12474
- Canadian Counsellors & Psychotherapists Association (CCPA)
- Ontario College of Social Workers (OCSWSSW) #831764
- Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW)
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP) – Yorkville University
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) – University of Regina
I am a Registered Psychotherapist and a Registered Social Worker and draw from my education in psychology and social work. I provide therapy and coaching from a primarily Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) lens. I have over 10 years of professional experience helping people through the toughest of times, as well as my own lived experiences with overcoming serious life challenges. I support people struggling with depression and anxiety, trauma and loss, and those seeking to reach their full potential.
I want to help you restore your hope, strength, and well-being. As well, help you to develop new skills for coping through and overcoming adversity. I provide a confidential, therapeutic relationship where you are free and safe to be vulnerable as we engage in your journey of healing and goal achievement.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Social Worker in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
My regular fee for counselling is $170.00 (no tax) per one counselling hour.