John D Robertson
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online and in Office ( The Glebe) Counselling
- Mon & Thur 10am-3:30 pm
- Tue.& Wed. 12pm-6:00 pm
- Resentment and Self-Esteem Issues
- Physical/Emotional/Sexual Abuse
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, gambling), codependency
- Alcohol/Addiction Early Assessment and Referral, Pre and Post Treatment Counselling
- CBT, DBT, Narrative Therapy.
Couple Counselling/Marriage Counselling
- Communication Skills
- Adult Attachment Therapy
- Family of Origin Issues
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- LGBTQ couples
- Addiction Therapy (One or Both Partner)
- Family Attachment Therapy
- Blended Families
- Single Parent Families
- Conflict Resolution
- Co-dependency Issues
- Introduction of Communication Techniques and Coaching
- LGBTQ/Gender Issues in a Family
Education and Training
- I have worked in the counselling field for 17 years with individuals, couples and families, both in-office and on an outreach basis.
- Addiction and Trauma Certificate, Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Certificate and Training in Concurrent Disorders, CMHA
- Concurrent Disorders Training, Montfort Hospital
- First Nations Cultural Competency Training
- Currently enrolled in post-graduate studies, Couples and Family Counselling and Spirituality, St. Paul’s University
The ripple effects of addictions and mental health issues can have devastating effects on the individual, the couple, and the family. The reintroduction of communication into the dynamic can bring an addict back from the fray and a family back from the brink. This same concept applies to a family member who suffers from a mental health diagnosis. I believe that most people suffering are calling out “Why can’t you hear me?!” Listening is the most important thing we can do for clients: Help them be heard, and then the healing journey can begin.
I use a variety of client-centred approaches in my practice including Attachment Therapy, CBT, Narrative Therapy and EFT. I have many years of experience with pre-contemplative and contemplative clients in addictions work, as well as strong advocacy skills and an effective referral network.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Registered Psychotherapist
I do regular consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).