Kayla Tessier, MSW, RSW
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available – accepting referrals
Office Hours + Location
Location: Online Counselling Only
- Tuesday & Thursday 7pm-9pm, Saturday 9am-12pm
- All services are currently provided virtually through Jane. Jane is a secure teletherapy videoconferencing platform that is compliant with privacy legislation in Ontario.
- Anger Management
- Adult ADHD
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Stress (workplace, school, life)
- Career and education planning
- Cross-cultural adjustment/transitions
- Internet addiction
- Identity (cultural, spiritual, gender)
- LGBTQ+ counselling
- Existential angst
- Developmental phases (coming into adulthood, aging)
- Historical abuse (sexual, emotional, and physical abuse)
- Teenagers (16-18)
- Life transitions (relationship changes, gender, education, career)
- Couple Therapy ( when only one partner wants to come)
- Family Therapy ( when only one member wants to come)
- Registered Social Worker, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Workers
- Registered Social Worker, Manitoba College of Social Workers
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
Education and Training
- Masters in Social Work, McMaster University, 2016
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work, Algoma University, 2014
- BA in Psychology (Minor in Economics), Algoma University, 2012
- Certified Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (C-DBT) Professional Training, PESI, 2021
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, 2014
It is my hope to provide a therapeutic environment that invites exploration, and that opens the door to vulnerability. I enjoy the process of finding meaning and drawing connections together in the stories that unfold in session. As an integrative therapist, I draw on existential, feminist, humanistic, structural, and systemic approaches; folding in techniques from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I do regular consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Social Worker in the province if Ontario, which is acceptable to most insurance companies (eg. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
My regular fee for counselling is $160.00 (no HST) per counselling hour.