Kimberley Sheldrick, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
Online and In office Counselling:
- In Office: Carlingwood/Kanata:
- Tues. & Thur. – 9:00am to 6:00pm and Sat. – 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Online Counselling: Mon.Tues. Wed. Thur. – 9:00am to 7:00pm Sat. – 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Postpartum Depression
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Counselling
- Senior Counselling – aging related issues
- Workplace stress
- Grief & Loss
- Trauma Informed Care
- Intellectual Disability
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- School Issues
- Caregiver Stress
Education and Training
- Master of Arts, Counselling and Spirituality – Saint Paul University Counselling, Psychotherapy, and Spirituality (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts – Human Relations & Spirituality – Saint Paul University (2015)
- Social Service Worker – Algonquin College (2010)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training (2018)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2011)
My personal philosophy of counselling begins with a willingness to enter into an individual’s experience with an authentic listening heart that desires to help individuals move and grow through their emotional pain and life difficulties, so that they can live as healthy and whole individuals.
The counselling experience is an opportunity of self-exploration of thoughts and feelings, and patterns of behaviour; increasing self-awareness and self-understanding. I believe that we all have innate strengths, courage, and resilience that will support you in your growth and healing.
Together, we can have a conversation in a safe and supportive environment where we can begin to build a strong therapeutic relationship, which is key in the process of healing. I believe in holistic healing that embraces the whole self – physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. I work from a compassionate, collaborative, and strengths-based approach, where I facilitate the process of empathetic listening, discerning insight and the application of practical strategies, supporting you to work towards your set goals and objectives, in order to achieve your desired outcome.
Overall, my philosophy as a therapist is that each individual brings their own uniqueness, where you are respected, worthy of unconditional acceptance, regardless of your personal circumstances or struggles.
I welcome you to provide yourself this time to move through and transform your difficulties and challenges into personal growth, resilience and empowerment.
- College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario – Registered Psychotherapist # 008252
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers – Registered Social Service Worker # 818039
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $160.00
Contact This Therapist
Name of Counsellor
Carlingwood/Kanata and Online
In Office: Tues. & Thur. – 9:00am to 6:00pm and Sat. – 9:00am to 12:00pm
Online Counselling: Mon.Tues. Wed. Thur. – 9:00am to 7:00pm Sat. – 9:00am to 12:00pm
Carlingwood/Kanata and Online Counselling