Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Monday, Thursday, & Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-3pm
- Wheel chair access to the office
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Counselling
- Depression Counselling
- Christian/Spiritual Counselling
- Chronic Illness
- Teenagers Counselling
- Bullying & Self-Esteem
- Identity and Existential Issues/Crises
- Workplace stress
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Relational Issues
- Communication Improvement
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Blended Families
- Families with Children
- Families with Teenagers
- Parenting Teens and Youth
- Facilitating Parenting Skills
Education and Training
- Master of Arts, Counselling and Spirituality (Individual, Couple and Family Therapy), Saint Paul University
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASSIST)
Each person is the expert of their own lives; sometimes we just need a little help along the way. I believe we all have a deep longing for similar things: connection, authenticity, belonging, and being understood. I work with individuals, couples and families. My approach to therapy is holistic and client centered, with focuses in Attachment Theory and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT). I also integrate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing skills to help you find a balance and flow of what will help you reach your full potential. I strive to make my office a safe space that is non-judgmental, where you can be heard, maybe for the first time in your life.
Some of my areas of focus are anxiety, self-esteem, self-worth, and bullying in teenagers and young adults; families with children, teenagers and young adults; and blended families. I also work with individuals who struggle with anger management, chronic illness, identity and existential issues and crises, workplace stress, and day-to-day life concerns.
When we first meet, we will work on a treatment plan together to ensure you feel authentically supported and understood as you make the journey towards the vision you have for yourself, your relationships, and your family.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- Application in process
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)- Student Member
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)- Student Member
I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.
The usual fee for counselling is $150 per 50 minute session.