Monica Meyer, M.Ed.
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
- Monday-Thursday: 9:30am-7:30pm
- Available through in office counselling. Safe distancing and sanitation respected.
- Couple, Family and Individual Counselling
- Couple’s relationship (also LGBT)
- Individual relationships
- Family Conflict
- Blended Families
- Coping Skills
- Marital and Premarital
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- National Capital Region Chapter
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) # 003403
- Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
I offer counselling and therapy to anyone seeking a warm and supportive environment in which to explore their relationships – to explore emerging issues, identify and work through life difficulties and manage crisis. Through personal development and emotional growth you can break those negative patterns and transform your relationship. Have hope!
Having a neutral, nonjudgmental, professional like me can help you avoid tunnel vision and break through recycling issues. With my support, individuals, couples and families of all ethnicities and configurations, can learn new skills and insights to develop healthy ways to relate to each other to create relationships they long to have.
I offer a wealth of professional and personal life experience to my clients that help me to understand their situation and help them with their personal growth.
Education + Training
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Recreation and Leisure Studies Specializing in Psychology (Concordia University).
- I worked for eight years with at risk children, youth and their families. I was a stay at home mom for our 4 children and was active as a volunteer with local schools, community groups and Toast Masters.
- Master’s Degree of Education in Counselling (University of Ottawa).
- Couples Counselling Degree at Saint Paul’s University.
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).