Rachel Sturgeon, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online counselling Only
- Tuesday 7:30AM-2:30PM
- Wednesday 8:30AM-3:30PM
- Thursday 8:30AM-3:30PM
- Friday 7:30AM-2:30PM
- Bullying and Self -Esteem
- Communication Improvement
- Eating Disorders
- Separation and Divorce Transitions
- Spiritual Counselling
- Stress and Burnout
- Workplace Stress
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Canadian Certified Counselling (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Professional Member in Good Standing with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
I have been providing counselling and psychotherapy for 8 years. I provide a warm and welcoming space with personalized, high quality counselling and psychotherapy services. As a registered psychotherapist, a safe, friendly and professional atmosphere is central to my practice. My approach is client centered which means that I work alongside my clients in a holistic framework to create highly individualized treatment plans to help clients reach their goals.
My approach is psychodynamically-informed with aspects of mindfulness, cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and solution-focused theories and techniques as appropriate. This means that when we meet I work with clients, I help them identify their struggles and unhealthy patterns. This allows room to change negative patterns and move toward increased happiness and wellbeing. Throughout this process I help clients increase their self awareness through concepts and techniques such as mindfulness, a tool that can help us all to slow down and become more present in our busy lives.
Education + Training
- M.A. Counselling and Spirituality – Saint Paul University
- B.A. ,Honors. Psychology, Minor Jewish Studies – Carleton University
- EMDR Basic Training Certification
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).