Book a Consultation
Currently Not Available
Office Hours + Location
- Online Counselling
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10 am-6 pm
- Adult children of Alcoholics
- Anger Management
- Career counselling
- Bereavement/ Grief
- E-counselling (video, etc.)
- Happiness / Positive Psych.
- Postpartum Depression
- Spiritual Counselling
- Sexual Abuse
- Workplace Stress
- Communication Skills
- Couple / Marriage / Post-Affair
- Couple / Pre-Marital
- Couple / Same-Sex / LGBTQ
- Separation / Divorce
- Emotional abuse
- EFT (Emotionally Focused)
- Family Therapy / Blended families
- Family therapy with children and teenagers
- Family / Aging Parents
- ADD /ADHD / Oppositional Behaviour
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Spirituality and Counselling (2018) – Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- MA Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy (2018) – Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy Training, Essential Guide to ACT Matrix (2017) – Sogge & Associates, Ottawa
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training (2016) – Naada Yoga, Montreal
I do this work because I believe that every individual, couple, and family holds not only the potential, but the inevitability of growth and transformation. In session, I promote cognitive and behavioral transformation by considering distress as part of a larger whole. I utilize an accepting, supportive environment to help regulate negative emotions, and to promote neuroplasticity & lasting change.
I approach individual, couple and family therapy from a systemic perspective. This is a holistic approach to understanding how our experiences are co-created through relationships, which form and re-form views of self and the world.
I also integrate a psychodynamic approach, which understands distress through the lens of early childhood experiences and relationships, and how these early formative experiences may be continually impacting your world-views and self-concept, in conscious or subconscious ways.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- Application in process
- CCPA– Associate Member
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).