Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
Location: Main and Hawthorn
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays – Daytime & Evenings
- Adult children of Alcoholics
- Anger Management
- Career counselling
- Bereavement/ Grief
- E-counselling (video, etc.)
- Happiness / Positive Psych.
- Spiritual Counselling
- Sexual Abuse
- Workplace Stress
- Communication Skills
- Couple / Marriage / Post-Affair
- Couple / Pre-Marital
- Couple / Same-Sex / LGBTQ
- Separation / Divorce
- Emotional abuse
- EFT (Emotionally Focused)
- Family Therapy / Blended families
- Family therapy with children and teenagers
- Family / Aging Parents
- ADD /ADHD / Oppositional Behaviour
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Spirituality and Counselling (2018) – Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- MA Certificate in Couple and Family Therapy (2018) – Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy Training, Essential Guide to ACT Matrix (2017) – Sogge & Associates, Ottawa
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training (2016) – Naada Yoga, Montreal
I do this work because I believe that every individual, couple, and family holds not only the potential, but the inevitability of growth and transformation. In session, I promote cognitive and behavioral transformation by considering distress as part of a larger whole. I utilize an accepting, supportive environment to help regulate negative emotions, and to promote neuroplasticity & lasting change.
I approach individual, couple and family therapy from a systemic perspective. This is a holistic approach to understanding how our experiences are co-created through relationships, which form and re-form views of self and the world.
I also integrate a psychodynamic approach, which understands distress through the lens of early childhood experiences and relationships, and how these early formative experiences may be continually impacting your world-views and self-concept, in conscious or subconscious ways.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- Application in process
- CCPA– Associate Member
I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST, where applicable).
Contact This Therapist
Name of Counsellor
Main and Hawthorn
Tuesday: Daytime & Evenings
Wednesday: Daytime & Evenings
Thursday: Daytime & Evenings