Shiva Yan, M.A., Counsellor
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Ottawa, Main Street
- Stittsville, Main street
- Ottawa: Tuesdays: 8 am – 7 pm
- Monday afternoon from 12:00pm – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 am-12:00 pm
- Trauma and abuse
- Motivation, life meaning and purpose
- Low self-esteem
- Addiction issues
- Childhood neglect and abuse
- Career change and work related stress
- Life transitions
- Chronic illness
- Relationship breakup
- Spiritual issues
Couple Counselling and Family Counselling
- Couple and family communication challenges
- Coping with aging parents
- Parenting issues with young children and teens
- Parent adolescent conflicts
- Premarital counselling
- Infidelity and Post-Affair Therapy
- Couple intimacy issues
- Cultural adaptation and immigration issues
- Marital and family issues related to immigration
- Inter-cultural, inter-racial, and inter-faith couples
Education and Training
- M.A. Counselling and Spirituality (Individual, Couple and Family Therapy) Saint Paul University
- Family Consultant Certificate, Wiesbaden Academy for Psychotherapy, Germany
- Master of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto
I am a client-centered therapist, committed to creating a safe and caring environment for every one of my clients. Whether you are seeking therapy as an individual, a couple, or as a family, I am here to listen to you without judgement and assist you on your journey towards strength, healing, and peace. In our therapy sessions, together, we will reflect on the nature of the issues you are facing and examine their possible origins. Through this process, you will be able to gain new insights about yourself and discover your path towards healing and fulfillment.
If you are facing challenges as a couple or family, our sessions will help you understand the negative dynamics of your current relationship and identify the unfulfilled needs that may be causing disconnection and isolation. With this understanding, you and your partner or family members will be accompanied to adopt healthier, more positive ways of communicating, and lay the foundation for a warmer, safer and more intimate relationship.
I am sensitive to my clients’ cultural and religious values and their practice of spirituality. I am fully open to your preference to integrate exploration of the cultural or spiritual dimension of your life in the process of therapy or to leave it out.
My approach is integrative and collaborative. Tailored to each client’s requirements and goals, I draw on a range of Counselling theories, including CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy), Mindfulness, Psychodynamic, Family Systems, EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), ECCT (Encountered Centered Couple Therapy) and Attachment.
Languages: Fluent in English and Farsi, Basic Chinese
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)- R.P. Qualifying
“I am under the supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with my supervisor regarding my clients on monthly basis. The receipt you will receive will be in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers and the counselling services will be provided by me. Please see my credentials above.”
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST, where applicable).