Signy Fridriksson, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online Counselling
- Monday to Thursday 9:30 am-6:00 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Wheelchair accessible office.
- Young Adults
- Life Transitions
- Faith and Spirituality
- Decision Making
- Employment Stress
- Anger Management
- Pregnancy and Birth
- Postpartum Adjustment
Couple / Marriage Counselling
You have the choice of meeting with Signy for Couple Counselling, or with Signy and Steve for Two-on Two Couple Counselling.
- Pre-marital Counselling
- Relationship Growth and Enhancement
- Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Recovery Post-Affair
- LGBTQ Relationships / Mixed-Orientation Relationships
- Healthy Sexuality
- Families therapy with Children
- Families therapy with Teens
- Aging Parents
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association
- Friends Couple Enrichment
- Better Marriages
- Birthing From Within
As a therapist, my goal is to help you, as an individual, as a family, or as a couple, to grow past the places where you feel stuck and to discover your own best answers. Together we will examine past experiences and current relationships, seek insights and understandings, and clarify your goals. These explorations can allow you to increase your sense of well-being, better manage stress, and improve your relationships. If you have a spiritual path that is a source of strength and meaning, I invite you to bring your spirituality into our sessions for our work together.
My specialties reflect my interest in growth over our lifespan: Pre-Marital Counselling; Couple Counselling; Healthy Sexuality; Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum; Parenting; LGBTQ; Life Transitions and Grief. My counselling approach incorporates PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy), Attachment-based Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Expressive Arts and Mindfulness.
I came to counselling through my work as a birth doula, a childbirth mentor, and a relationship enrichment leader. Each of these roles were enhanced by my warm, calm, non-judgemental presence. I love supporting others to discover their inner strengths and their way of moving forward in their lives.
You have the choice of meeting with me, or meeting with me and Steve Fick, my husband of thirty-six years, for two-on two couple counselling. We demonstrate healthy interaction patterns and bring both male and female perspectives to the challenges that you face. Meeting with both of us can help you recognise and change unproductive patterns in your relationship.
Education + Training
- M.A. Counselling & Spirituality, Specialization in Couples and Family Therapy, Saint Paul University
- Graduate Diploma Couples Counselling and Spirituality, Saint Paul University
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy) Level I
- Narrative Therapy for Couples
- Couple Enrichment / Marriage Enrichment
- Birthing From Within (Childbirth Mentoring)
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).