Siobhan Laura Nearey
Siobhan Laura Nearey, M.Ed.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
Location: Online Counselling Only
- Monday : 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday: 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Anxiety and Depression
- Work/School Stress and Burnout
- Grief and Loss
- Managing Difficult Emotions
- Substance Use and Problem Gambling
- Overthinking and Self-Criticism
- Life and Career Transitions
- Communication and Social Skills
- Self-Compassion and Self-Care
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy)
Education and Training
- M.Ed. in Counselling, University of Ottawa
- Registered Psychotherapist (CRPO)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
Everyone feels overwhelmed sometimes. Sometimes we may feel like we’re too sensitive and constantly at the mercy of our emotions. Sometimes we may overthink and get caught up in negative thoughts. We may feel stuck, stressed out about work or home life, or unsure of ourselves. Many of us criticize ourselves harshly and put others’ needs before our own. Everyone struggles sometimes. Sometimes we need support and a fresh perspective to navigate the rough patches of our lives.
My therapeutic approach is based in mindfulness and compassion, using tools from CBT, DBT, and other approaches. Learning mindfulness skills can help you to stay steady in the moment, and help you understand yourself better. Self-compassion skills can help you find positive motivation to make the changes you need. CBT skills can help you notice and change your negative thoughts, while DBT skills can help you cope with those strong emotions that feel so overpowering.
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).