Contact this Therapist
Office Hours + Location
In Office (Kanata) and Online Counselling
- Online: Tues and Wednesday (5pm-7pm),
- Online and In-Person: Thursday (9am-4pm),
- Online: Saturday (10am-1pm)
Practice Areas/Champs d'exercice
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Attachment Wounds
- Meaning of life exploration
- Self-esteem issues
- Social skills/Peer interactions
- School/Job related difficulties
- Workplace stress
- Men’s Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Anger Management: Individual
- Christian Counselling
- Spiritual Counselling
Family Therapy / Couples and Marriage
- Couples Therapy: Communication difficulties
- Couples Therapy: Premarital
- Couples Therapy: When only one partner wants to come.
- Aging parents
- Family Therapy:Parent(s) and Children 12-16
- Family Therapy: Parents and Teenagers over 16
- Family Therapy: when only one member wants to come
- Parenting Skills
- Teenagers 16-18 (individual therapy)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CPRO) – Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (graduating 2024)
- Master of Arts Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts Communication Studies
My therapeutic approach begins with developing a therapeutic relationship and building a trusting and safe environment with clients. You can think of me as part of your personal support network. I work with clients (children 10 years and older, youth, adults, couples and families) to reflect on and identify their problems. Once a problem has been identified we work to establish specific, measureable, achievable, relevant and timed (SMART) treatment goals. I help clients to develop new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving, to improve themselves, their relationships, and their lives using evidence-based therapy modalities. My approach is client-centered and I believe that my role is to facilitate the therapeutic process and empower clients to know themselves better and to find solutions to their problems.
Each client and their life circumstances are different, therefore the theoretical framework I use is tailored to each client using an integrative mix of talk therapy approaches including Humanistic, Existential, Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Narrative, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), and Family Systems. I work with clients to choose tailored approaches and tools that we experiment with in a safe environment to see what is a good fit, and what works. There is no specific magic bullet to solve your problems, but if you are open and willing to try things and to do the work then change can happen.
I do regular consultation and work under the supervision of Lee-Anne Boucher M.A., Registered Social Worker in the province of Ontario, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in a confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in Lee-Anne Boucher’s name, as a Registered Social Worker in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable to most insurance companies (eg. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
My regular fee for counselling is $100.00 per one counselling hour.