Ottawa Career Counselling
Career Counselling Services
Everyone goes through periods where they aren’t sure what to do with their lives. In fact, these days, most people change careers several times. This is most certainly true in Ottawa, where people often move from public to private sectors regularly.
But in transitions like this, it is often helpful to have someone to talk to about your goals, your aspirations, and your feelings about your current job. That’s why it’s important to talk to our Ottawa counsellors and receive career counselling. It will help you figure out what is next for your career.
Career counselling is especially important if you’re in a position where you’re thinking of moving fields. Making a career pivot is no easy task and can often have dire consequences if you aren’t fully prepared with a plan.
It’s also crucial if you’re young and just getting ready to move out of university or college into the working world. Getting into the workforce in your field of study straight out of school is a struggle that we commonly see among young people these days.
Ottawa Career Counselling Can Help
Perhaps your son or daughter is having difficulty narrowing down their pursuits. If you’re worried about your child’s future, getting them to a career counsellor can be the smartest thing to do.
Most of the time, when people leave our Ottawa career counsellors, they feel more confident about their jobs or their job prospects, are more motivated to land their dream job or excel in their current workplace, and have a new sense of purpose and direction.
Our career counsellors use a variety of tests, including personality and aptitude tests, to determine where you’d be happiest working.
But as with all therapy, the final choice is ultimately yours. What our counsellors do is lay out a number of options, based on our evaluations of you. This will help you make career decisions more easily, and with more confidence.
Is career counselling for me?
- I just lost my job or quit
- I’m currently thinking about a new career
- I dislike my current job
- I’m unsure what courses to take in college or university
- I just graduated from college or university, but I can’t find a job in my field
- I keep getting overlooked for a promotion
If the above statements ring true to you, we can help. Contact one of our Ottawa counsellors using the tool to the right.
Workplace counselling services are often covered by your health insurance plan. Check with your provider to see if our career counselling services are covered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Think about your career challenges and your personal needs.
- Think about your strengths and weaknesses.
- If you currently have a job, think about what you like and don’t like about it.
- Think about your past and present career goals.
- Look over your resume and bring it to your appointment.
- How can I benefit more from my strengths?
- What kinds of career options do I have for my level of education, experience, or skillset?
- How can I be more effective at networking?
- Can you give me feedback on my resume or CV?
- What should I do next to reach my career goals?
Areas We Serve
- South Keys