Ottawa Anxiety Counselling
Anxiety can be overwhelming at times. One of the most difficult aspects of struggling with overwhelming anxiety is how it can limit so many areas of your life. Ottawa anxiety counselling can help you to learn how to manage your anxiety, instead of it managing you. To learn more about our anxiety counselling in Ottawa, Kanata & Orleans, check out our blog.
It is normal to get a bit anxious from time to time, but too much anxiety can be debilitating. You are constantly under the control of worry and fear. Your life is dictated by the avoidance of certain situations or certain things.
You may suffer from panic attacks, waves of fear that come on suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere. You may be experiencing nausea, tension, heart palpitations, dizziness or other physical symptoms.
You may have developed rituals to reduce your fears, such as excessive hand washing or other repetitive behaviors.
There are many types of anxiety disorders that require anxiety counselling. They can range from specific phobias, such as a fear of spiders, to broader disorders like Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), in which an individual feels constantly anxious. Another recent source of anxiety is dealing with COVID-19 / Corona virus and the situation that everyone has been put in. If you would like to learn more about ways to help deal with anxiety revolving around dealing with the virus, check out one of our recent blog posts.
Call us now or use the tool to the right to book an appointment for anxiety counselling with one of our professional counsellors in Kanata, Ottawa, Nepean or Orleans.
Counsellors Specializing in Anxiety
How Ottawa, Orleans & Kanata Anxiety Counselling and Therapy Can Help
If your anxiety is preventing you from living your life the way you wish, we can help. Our Ottawa anxiety counsellors can help you deal with your fears and worries in an effective, productive manner. They can help you understand that, while anxiety is a normal human emotion, through anxiety counselling, you can change the way you react to it.
The most common treatment for anxiety disorders is CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) incorporated with mindfulness or relaxation techniques. This kind of treatment helps you to…
- Identify the thoughts that are causing your anxiety and your reactions to anxiety
- Identify the bodily cues that indicates an anxiety or panic attack, and use mindfulness or relaxation techniques to calm the body and mind.
- Change negative thought patterns through more balanced thinking and acceptance.
Dealing with anxiety is a process of re-training the mind and body. Eventually, the skills you learn in counselling will become second nature to you, and you will have better control over your anxiety.
Is anxiety counselling for me?
- I feel controlled by my fear
- I experiencing racing, worried thoughts
- I often withdraw from my life due to my fear
- I feel intense physical symptoms in stressful situations
Individual counselling services are often covered by your health insurance plan.
- Anxiety Counselling Ottawa: When you want to benefit from seeing an Ottawa anxiety counsellor, contact us. You can find confidence through anxiety counselling Kanata. Or if someone you love is anxious, our Ottawa anxiety counselors are available. Our Kanata anxiety therapists are trained and experienced in anxiety counselling. Our anxiety counsellors are licensed psychotherapists, psychologists, social workers, and counsellors that specialize in anxiety disorders. CCCG Kanata anxiety therapists provide anxiety counselling and anxiety treatment and anxiety help. CCCG has anxiety counsellors, anxiety psychologists, anxiety psychotherapists and anxiety therapists in Ottawa, Kanata, Nepean, Orleans and the surrounding area. A CCCG anxiety therapist can help with feeling anxious, post partum anxiety, anxiety, and teenager anxiety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Areas We Serve
- South Keys