Aleksandra Kozak, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Prince of Wales and Online Counselling
- Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 6:00pm
- Addictions and Co-Dependency
- Anger Management
- Adult children of Alcoholics
- Bereavement/ Grief
- Body Image
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- Christian Counselling
- Chronic Illness
- Depression and low self-esteem
- DBT ( Dialectical Behavioral therapy)
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Happiness / Positive Psych.
- Loneliness and isolation
- Postpartum Depression
- Sexual Health
- Spiritual Counselling
- Sexual Abuse
- Relationships problems
- Workplace Stress
- Communication issues
- EFT ( Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Communication Skills
- Family Therapy with Teens
Education and Training
- Certificate in Initiation to Theology (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Human Relation and Spirituality (2014)
- Master of Arts in Counselling, Psychotherapy, and Spirituality (2019
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) (2016)
- Major Research in Promoting Positive Body Image and Self-Esteem (2019)
- Theories in Family Systems and Interventions (2018)
- Haunted by Addictions (2019)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) (2019)
- Trauma Incident Reduction Training (TIRT) (2019)
I specialize in promoting positive body image and self-esteem; I attend to clients with trauma, grief, relationship issues, and work or personal stress and anxiety. I will work collaboratively with each client to deliver a unique treatment plan which includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Systemic Family Patterns, Traumatic Incident Reduction Therapy (TIRT), and Mindfulness. I believe that the combination of these therapeutic elements allow for clients to foster positive perceptions and insights essential to achieving optimal well being and a meaningful life.
Our ability to cope with our emotions can be impacted by dwelling in the past, focusing on negative life situations or regretting our past decisions. Sometimes, we have difficulty getting past what others have done to hurt us or when we grieve the loss of significant relationships. Life transitions can be difficult to cope with as well. These situations can cause us trauma, and feelings of loneliness, sadness, regret, anger, and shame can make us feel overwhelmed and alone. It is difficult to think positively about the future when we are in this emotional state.
When we avoid negative emotions, especially those that are triggered by repeated patterns, we are not able to flourish and reach our full potential. Often we engage in unhealthy behaviours and cognition patterns as a way to cope, and this, in turn, can impact our self-worth, limiting us from living our best life.
I provide a non-judgmental, confidential and empathetic space where you will be guided in sharing what troubles you, and anything else you choose to discuss.
Therapy can be a shorter process, focused on “fixing” a particular issue. Or it can be a deeper exploration of oneself. Sometimes an individual carries unconscious wounds and deep distress. Attentive listening may help relieve suppressed emotions, and can enable a deeper understanding of the pain and suffering one carries throughout their life. Working through them in therapy may help you to find your way forward to leading a more fulfilling and independent life.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)
- Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) #008520
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (email@example.com) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).