Heidi McNair, M.A.,
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online Counselling Only
- Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 5pm
- Interpersonal conflict
- Low self esteem
- Grief and loss
- Guilt and shame
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Life transitions
- Existential concerns
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Emotional regulation
- Living towards values and meaning
- Job loss
- Sexual abuse
- Family Issues- Parenting
- Relationships: How to avoid dating a jerk
- Relationships: Individual Therapy
- Spiritual Counselling
- Workplace Stress
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (Registration # 11625)
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality (2022)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) (2021)
I believe that we all have unique qualities, strengths and challenges. I work from a client centered approach to help clients address the areas in which they desire to experience change and healing. I use an integrative approach to therapy drawing tools and techniques from various theoretical backgrounds including attachment, emotion focused therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, internal family systems, existential and narrative therapies. I see my role as journeying with my clients as we collaboratively explore past experiences, current patterns and personal values to find the best path to healing, growth and meaning.
I do regular supervision/consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be a Registered Psychotherapist receipt in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).