James Raynard, M.A.,
Contact this Therapist
Office Hours + Location
Online Counselling Only
- Monday and Tuesday: daytime and evening appointments
- Adult ADHD
- Anxiety and depression
- Communication improvement
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Couple Therapy (when only one partner wants to come)
- Family Therapy ( when only one member wants to come)
- Happiness/ Positive psychology
- Family therapy with Teenagers
- Men’s Issues
Education and Training
- M.A. Counselling and Spirituality Saint Paul University
- Placement at the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Hospital (specialized in psychoses patients)
- B.A. Honours Psychology Carleton University
- ACT Training 2016
- ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Living in a world that demands perfection is not easy. It can be extremely difficult and unforgiving to us human beings. When we experience negative emotions there is something deeper that is lurking beneath the surface. I am a humanistic therapist who puts the client’s needs first. Even if the client is unsure of what they need, this will be part of the journey to discover. I do not adhere to a “one-size-fits-all” approach to therapy as every individual is unique and deserves to be heard for who they are. Part of therapy will be truly gaining an understanding of who you are and what brought you to the place you’re at. I create treatment plans according to the client, who they are, and what they need.
As a therapist, I take an eclectic approach to the work being done including but not limited to the following therapeutic frameworks:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic/Object Relations theory
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy (STST)
- Schema Therapy
- Humanistic (Client-centered, Existential, Gestalt)
Regardless of what stage a person is at, I believe that everybody can be helped; the first step is for that person to genuinely want to better his or her life. I believe we all carry wounds in our adult lives which play out in various circumstances eliciting common symptoms such as anxiety, anger, or depression. What does it all mean? Better yet, what can we do about it? Therapy will be a safe place that will not only answer your questions but will provide wings to take flight in a promising trajectory of acceptance and healthy living.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
I do regular consultation with my supervisor for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner. The receipt you will receive will be in my name as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $170 (plus HST).