Ron Kellestine, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Main Street, Ottawa and Online
- Monday: 1-7 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9:30 am – 7pm
- Friday: 10 am -6pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 1 pm
- Young Adults, Mature Adults, Senior Citizens, LGBTQ
- Self- Discovery
- Childhood Attachment
- Abandonment & Trauma
- Addictions and Codependency Issues
- Addictions to the internet
- Adult search for meaning
- Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Compulsions & Addictions
- Family of Origin Issues, especially Childhood Trauma & Loss
- Abandonment and Attachment, including loss of parents (orphans; fostering) and Surrendering of Children; spouses
- Mood imbalances
- Life Meaning & Transitions including Career/Vocation discovery
- Communication Improvement
- Post-Affair Counselling
- Family Therapy with Aging Parents
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) (Qualifying)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- The Addictions & Mental Health Network of Champlain (AMHN)
- International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI)
I practice Individual Psychology. I look at the person, not at a pre-conceived, existing diagnosis from elsewhere. Each person has their own life story, and their own personal makeup and circumstances, which results in the challenges they are facing. I am trained in doing addiction assessments but sometimes an addiction does not explain very much about why a person’s situation has developed. I believe in the ability of every person to use their potential and existing skills to life a happier, more fulfilling life. Change is always possible, and the reasons for a situation need to be discovered and understood, before lasting life improvements can result. Thoughts and behaviors can be adjusted, but without self-knowledge and on-going commitment and confidence, changes can result in only short-term gain. I see my role as a collaborator and advisor, to help someone become who they wish to be.
Education + Training
- Alfred Adler Graduate School, Master’s Degree in Adlerian Psychotherapy & Addiction Counseling (Concurring Disorders) (Minneapolis St. Paul)
- University of Waterloo, Master’s Degree in History.
- Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) Advisor.
I am under the consultation / supervision of Dr. Martin Rovers, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ontario Registered Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical learning and for psychological services to my clients. I consult with Dr. Rovers regarding my clients on a regular basis. The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist, which is acceptable by many insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife / government, others). If need be, I could issue a receipt in the name of Dr. Martin Rovers, Registered Psychologist, for the counselling services provided by me, a Registered Psychotherapist. It is your responsibility to determine which receipt works for our workplace insurance and benefits.
The regular fee for counselling is $150 (plus HST).