Ron Kellestine, M.A.
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- In office (Downtown: Main Street) and Online Counselling
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9:30 am – 5pm
- Young Adults, Mature Adults, Senior Citizens, LGBTQ
- Self- Discovery
- Childhood Attachment
- Abandonment & Trauma
- Addictions and Codependency Issues
- Addictions to the internet
- Adult search for meaning
- Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Compulsions & Addictions
- Family of Origin Issues, especially Childhood Trauma & Loss
- Abandonment and Attachment, including loss of parents (orphans; fostering) and Surrendering of Children; spouses
- Mood imbalances
- Life Meaning & Transitions including Career/Vocation discovery
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) (Qualifying)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- The Addictions & Mental Health Network of Champlain (AMHN)
- International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI)
I practice Individual Psychology. I look at the person, not at a pre-conceived, existing diagnosis from elsewhere. Each person has their own life story, and their own personal makeup and circumstances, which results in the challenges they are facing. I am trained in doing addiction assessments but sometimes an addiction does not explain very much about why a person’s situation has developed. I believe in the ability of every person to use their potential and existing skills to life a happier, more fulfilling life. Change is always possible, and the reasons for a situation need to be discovered and understood, before lasting life improvements can result. Thoughts and behaviors can be adjusted, but without self-knowledge and on-going commitment and confidence, changes can result in only short-term gain. I see my role as a collaborator and advisor, to help someone become who they wish to be.
Education + Training
- Alfred Adler Graduate School, Master’s Degree in Adlerian Psychotherapy & Addiction Counseling (Concurring Disorders) (Minneapolis St. Paul)
- University of Waterloo, Master’s Degree in History.
- Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) Advisor.
I do regular consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).