Ron Kellestine, M.A., RP (Qualifying)
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Monday 1 pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 530- 8 pm
- Thursday 530-8 pm
- Saturday 10 am-330 pm
- Young Adults, Mature Adults, Senior Citizens, LGBTQ
- Self- Discovery
- Childhood Attachment
- Abandonment & Trauma
- Adult search for meaning
- Substance Abus
- Behavioral Compulsions & Addictions
- Family of Origin Issues, especially Childhood Trauma & Los
- Abandonment and Attachment, including loss of parents (orphans; fostering) and Surrendering of Children; spouses
- Mood imbalances
- Life Meaning & Transitions including Career/Vocation discovery
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) (Qualifying)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- The Addictions & Mental Health Network of Champlain (AMHN)
- International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI)
I practice Individual Psychology. I look at the person, not at a pre-conceived, existing diagnosis from elsewhere. Each person has their own life story, and their own personal makeup and circumstances, which results in the challenges they are facing. I am trained in doing addiction assessments but sometimes an addiction does not explain very much about why a person’s situation has developed. I believe in the ability of every person to use their potential and existing skills to life a happier, more fulfilling life. Change is always possible, and the reasons for a situation need to be discovered and understood, before lasting life improvements can result. Thoughts and behaviors can be adjusted, but without self-knowledge and on-going commitment and confidence, changes can result in only short-term gain. I see my role as a collaborator and advisor, to help someone become who they wish to be.
Education + Training
- Alfred Adler Graduate School, Master’s Degree in Adlerian Psychotherapy & Addiction Counseling (Concurring Disorders) (Minneapolis St. Paul)
- University of Waterloo, Master’s Degree in History.
- Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) Advisor.
The usual fee for counselling is $150 per 50 minute session.