Samantha Cooney, M.A.,
Book a Consultation
Office Hours + Location
- Location: Online Counselling Only
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am to 2pm
- Individual Counselling
- Addictions: Co-Dependency, Addictions: Internet and Screen Time, Addictions: Substance Abuse
- Adult ADHD
- Bullying and Self Esteem
- Career Counselling
- Chronic Pain
- Depression Therapy
- DBT Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling
- LGBTQ Counselling
- Postpartum Depression,
- Relationships: How to Avoid Dating a Jerk
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Health
- Spiritual Counselling
- Workplace Stress
- CCPA Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association Member
Education and Training
- M.A. Counselling and Spirituality: Individual Counselling, Saint Paul University
- HBSc Neuroscience and Mental Health, Carleton University
My philosophy to counselling is that our previous experiences shape us into the person that comes into therapy – and my style of therapy makes space for exploring these experiences. At the beginning of the therapeutic process, I place importance on creating a ‘safe container’ for this exploration. Throughout the therapeutic process, I place importance on regularly checking in on your therapeutic process, so that the process can be as collaborative as possible. To aid in this process, I integrate Bowen’s Family Systems Theory, Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy and Emotionally-Focused Therapy into my therapeutic practice, and, am open to other approaches that will serve you best. Through my collaborative and open approach, I aim to guide you towards recognizing and building upon the resources you have within yourself, so that you can access these resources outside of the therapeutic setting.
I do regular consultation with Dr. Martin Rovers, Psychologist, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in confidential manner.
The receipt you will receive will be in my name, as a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario, which is acceptable by most insurance companies (e.g. Sunlife). It is your responsibility to determine whether my receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for counselling is $160 (plus HST).