Shaza Fahim Mohammed
Shaza Fahim Mohammed, M.A., M.Ed.,
Contact this Therapist
currently not available
Office Hours + Location
Online and In-Person Counselling (430 Unit 209 Hazeldean Road, Kanata)
- Monday: 5 PM – 7 PM (virtual) Tuesdays: 5 PM – 7 PM (virtual) Thursdays: 4:30 PM -7:30 PM (in office) Friday: 5 PM – 7 PM (virtual) Saturdays 11 AM – 4 PM (in office)
- Postpartum Depression
- Cultural Counselling
- Women’s Issues
- Spiritual Counselling
- Workplace Trauma
- Workplace Stress
- Career Counselling
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Communication Improvement
- Family Therapy: Blended Families
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Couple Therapy: Separation and Divorce
- Couple Therapy: when only one partner wants to come
Education and Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) with a concentration in Social and Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certification in Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
- APT Accreditation for CBT Essentials, Level 2
- Youth Addictions and Mental Health
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level 1
A story always begins somewhere in the middle. As we go through life, we have different experiences that make up our own stories and we are characters in other people’s narratives as well. Our environment, our families, our friends, our work, and our education not only influence who we are but also shape the people we become. I believe that at the core of all those experiences, our childhood memories and experiences create our realities, and they give us the lens that allows us to view our world. Additionally, our environment, cultural background, early education, and upbringing may act to reinforce that lens through nurturing or creating resilience.
Our lives are journeys that take us through different paths and sometimes those journeys are lonely. We may be faced with some hardship or some complex situations, and at times challenging experiences. When we feel stuck, alone, disengaged, misunderstood or invisible, therapy becomes a powerful process that allows us to gain insight, see where and why we are getting stuck and find solutions that help us live a healthy, meaningful, and fulfilled life. during that process, everyone deserves to feel safe, loved, heard, seen.
As I meet you in the middle of your journey, I hope to create an environment that is comfortable, open, non-judgmental, empathetic, and safe. My approach is an eclectic blend that brings in some structured methodologies of cognitive behavior approaches, as well as client centered, emotional and solution focused methods. I am a strong believer that our life challenges are a culmination of various aspects beyond our control. We are social beings and thrive on connection. Bowen’s theory of family systems underlines the importance of looking at life challenges with a multidimensional lens and the biopsychosocial approach informs us that we need to take all aspects of our lives into consideration. I am honoured to walk through this journey with you.
- Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
- CCPA Member
- CSM Member
I do regular Supervision/consultation with Lee-Anne Boucher-Registered Social Worker/Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor, for the ongoing development of my professional and ethical expertise and to discuss client concerns in a confidential manner. The receipt the client will receive will be in the name of my Supervisor, who is a Registered Psychotherapist in the Province of Ontario. The receipts of a Registered Psychotherapist in the province of Ontario are acceptable by most insurance companies (eg. Sunlife). It is the client’s responsibility to determine whether this receipt is acceptable for your workplace benefits and insurance.
The regular fee for interns counselling is $160.00 per hour session.